ASTA 3 allows Delphi Developers to build secure thin client
applications that run over the Internet and also support Palm,
WinCE, Java, C# and other non-vcl clients.
ASTA 3.0 is a mature product built on the ASTA foundation
started in 1998 with the release of ASTA 1.0. ASTA has been used
by thousands of developers world wide in over 80 countries. This
release has more features and documentation than ever with a 700+
Page PDF manual and documented Tutorials.
- New Server format allows for Servers to run as NT Services or Normal EXE's
- PcAnywhere like remote control
- Remote Server administration
- New Smart threading Model combines Pooled Database and Persistent Sessions allowing remote clients to switch between Persistent and Pooled Sessions
- Built in strong encryption options (DES, AES and RSA Public Key Exchange (cross platform on palm and wince also)
- Formal Instant Messaging API including a built in Message Queue with disconnected Messaging Support
- Enhanced http support to get through any Firewall with built in stateless Authentication via Cookies
- Build on SOAP support Included for both client and server sides including Native XML Parser
- Named Pooled Server Database Sessions providing the ultimate support for ASP Models
- Provider Broadcasts allowing for real time updates with no code
ASTA takes the burden off developers and allows you to build
cross platform, thin client, zero admin, secure, scalable Database
applications that can run over the Internet. We want you to
concentrate on coding your application rather than dealing with low
level issues like threading, encryption, or writing SQL update
statements. With ASTA you set properties rather than have to
implement with code. If you are using a library that requires you to use low level
techniques like 'critical sections' for threading, move to ASTA 3 where servers
are threaded by default and the developer is shielded from such low level error prone
techniques. ASTA 3 allows developers to concentrate on coding applications rather than
dealing with low level "socket" issues.
The Internet Second Wave is here and the ASTA Technology
Framework provides the foundation to not only build scalable rich,
thin client applications but to add collaborative tools and full
cross platform support beyond the Desktop.
Most ASTA developers are Database Application Developers and
start with a database centric view of the world. ASTA wants to
remind you that "There is more to Heaven and Earth Horatio, than
Win32 Database applications". There is a wave coming that will
leverage wireless and collaborative technologies and with ASTA you
can provide today what your customers will be asking for tomorrow like Voice over IP.
ASTA 3 Evaluations
ASTA 3 Evaluatoins come with 700+ Page ASTA PDF manual, Full
Windows Help, ASTA server source, and Help Tutorials and Help
Tutorial Documentation in PDF and WinHelp format.